Instructions for setting up and connecting monBridge with your Android TV Stick (MK808B Plus) to your WIFI Router and your monBaby device:
Use the Android TV Stick as a Bluetooth to WIFI bridge (monBridge) between the monBaby button and you cell phone (Iphone or Android phone) or Android tablet.
- Android MK808B Plus TV Stick (Android Stick) supplied by Mondevices Inc. which contains customized proprietary firmware and comes pre-installed with a self-starting monBridge application
Home WIFI router with access to the internet
Android phone (Android 4.3 or later) or iPhone (IOS 10.7 or later)
TV or monitor with HDMI input
- Unpack and remove the Android Stick and accessories
- At the back of your TV or monitor, find the HDMI connector and plug the supplied HDMI cable into the HDMI connector
- Make sure the Android Stick location is an area where good WIFI reception is obtained from your home WIFI router
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the Android Stick
- Place your monBaby device next to the Android Stick or as close as possible
- Plug the Android Stick power supply into the wall outlet and connect the USB cable to the charger. The power input USB connector is located at the opposite end of the Android Stick to the HDMI socket. It is not the USB connector labelled “OTG.”
Connecting MonBridge to MonBaby:
- On your TV or monitor, select the correct HDMI input from the TV/monitor menu and you should see the Android Stick booting up on your TV/monitor screen
- Wait until you see the monBridge application start and automatically connect to your monBaby device indicated at the bottom of the screen (your MonBaby will blink blue for several seconds)
- The monBridge app will automatically configure the Android Stick into a temporary WIFI “Hotspot” at which point the Android Stick is now ready to be setup for your home WIFI router
Connecting MonBridge to your home Wi-Fi network:
- If your phone already has a version of monBaby installed, please uninstall it now.
- Download the latest monBaby application from the Google Play store (Android) or from the App store (iPhone) and install it on your phone.
- Do not open the new monBaby app yet. Turn your cellphone’s Bluetooth function OFF for better reception (this will insure you have a good wifi connection to the Android device)
- Go to your phone “Settings” and select WIFI
- A list of WIFI networks will be displayed. Look for a network called “monBridge”
- Press “monBridge” and connect (no password is necessary). If a popup warning window appears regarding an unsecure network, press connect (this is just a temporary connection)
- Once connected to monBridge, open the monBaby app that you downloaded earlier on your phone
- In the monBaby app, press “CONNECT
- Press connect and you will see “new wifi” or “new device” pop up in the device selection screen. Press on it or wait for a connection to start automatically.
- If “new wifi” doesn’t appear at the top of the list, try pressing “CANCEL” and “CONNECT” again
- Now press “New wifi.” Be careful not to press any other device – only the “New wifi” device should be pressed especially if you own more than one MonBaby.
- A new window will pop up asking what your baby’s name is. Enter the name and then press “apply”
- Now press “Calibrate” and wait for the calibration to complete.
- We are not quite done yet. At the moment your phone is connected to your monBaby device via a temporary wifi hotspot and we still need to configure the home WIFI router
- Click on the menu icon at the top left corner of your phone and select “settings”
- Scroll to the end of the settings options and switch on “WIFI configuration”
- Select your security option (usually WPA), and press the correct type:
Press “SSID” and enter your home wifi routers SSID name. Service Set Identifier or SSID is a name of your WIFI network that you configure when you set up your home router. See http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-SSID-on-a-Computer for more details on how to get SSID.
- Press “password” and enter your router’s password
- Press “SEND” and a popup window will display “Configuring wifi network.” The Android Stick WIFI will be disconnected from the temporary hotspot and WIFI re-configured to your home router. At the same time, your phone will be automatically disconnected from the temporary wifi hotspot and reconnected to your home wifi router.
- Wait for the “Configuring wifi” popup window to close
- To verify that your phone is connected to your wifi router go to your phone settings and check WIFI connection. If it’s connected to another network, please disconnect and connect your phone to your home wifi network.
- Congratulations!! You are now configured your monBaby device to your home WIFI
After following all the instructions above your TV Stick is ready to use with your MonBaby, and no longer needs to be connected to a TV. It can be used in any room and we recommend that the Android TV stick stays within 10 feet of the MonBaby when it is in use.
- Close the monBaby app on your phone
Unplug the USB power to the Android Stick
Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV/monitor
Unplug the HDMI cable from the Android stick and place the cable somewhere safe
Find a suitable location to permanently place the Android Stick, preferably near a wall outlet and within approximately 10 feet (3 Meters) distance from where your baby and monBaby device will be positioned
Place your monBaby device next to the Android Stick or as close as possible
Again, plug the Android Stick power supply into the wall outlet and connect the USB cable to the charger and to the Android Stick power input USB connector.
While the Android Stick is booting up keep an eye on your monBaby device to check when the blue LED flashes (this should take approx. 2 minutes)
After the monBaby blue LED stops flashing, open the monBaby app on your phone.
This time your baby’s name you entered earlier will be displayed at the top of the “Select Device” list
Press your baby’s name
Press “Calibration” on the popup window that appears
- You are now connected to your monBaby device via WIFI
It is important to keep your Android device that is running monBridge close to the monBaby smart monitor (within 10 ft)
For ANDROID users: Directly below the baby’s name at the top of the screen are three symbols, each with a percentage label. The left percentage is the remaining battery life of the monBaby button CR2032 battery. The middle percentage represents the Bluetooth (BLE) signal strength between the monBaby device and the spare android device. The right percentage is the signal strength between your cellphone and the wifi router.
For IPHONE users: Directly below the baby’s name at the top of the screen are two symbols, each with a percentage label. The left percentage is the remaining battery life of the monBaby button CR2032 battery. The right percentage is the signal strength between your cellphone and the wifi router.
VERY IMPORTANT: While you are using the monBridge range extender you must have your monBaby application actively running on your phone. If you go back to your home screen or lock your phone you will lose the connection.