Instructions for setting up MonBridge with your Android Device:
Use your spare Android device as a Bluetooth to WIFI bridge (monBridge) between the monBaby button and you cell phone (Iphone or Android phone) or Android tablet.
Currently the monBridge app can only run on an Android device, but you can use either an Android OR an iPhone to connect to it.
A wall outlet within 10 feet of where the monBaby button will be located (to power/charge the spare Android device)
A wifi router connected to the internet
The spare Android device (tablet or phone) must have Bluetooth 4.0 and support Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
The spare Android device must have WIFI
The spare Android device must be running Android version 4.3 (or higher). You can check the current version in your phone’s settings or by checking this list: http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Smart-Devices-List.aspx
The WIFI router SSID (name) and Password must be known
Turn WIFI on and connect the spare device to your WIFI router
MonBridge Installation :
On the spare device, navigate to the Google Play Store by pressing the play store icon
In the search bar type: monBridge, click the search button or press enter (If monBridge is not available, it probably means your device is not compatible).
Select and install monBridge
Run the monBridge application on your Android device by pressing the monBridge icon on your screen or applications folder.
- Place your MonBaby unit next to the Android device with the MonBaby logo facing up. The monBridge app will automatically scan for your MonBaby. “New device” should display on the screen and show its unique UUID (identification number/address), see below:
- monBridge will then automatically connect to the monBaby device (your MonBaby will blink blue for several seconds) see below:
- After monBridge connects to the monBaby button, monBridge will show it is connected and waiting for the phone WIFI connection, see below:
Now it is time to install the monBaby application on your cell phone:
- On your cell phone, navigate to either the Google Play Store (Android) or App store (iPhone) by pressing the icon
- In the search bar type: monBaby, click the search button or press enter( If monBaby is not available, it probably means your device is not compatible)
- Select and install monBaby
- Turn your cellphone’s Bluetooth function OFF for better reception (this will insure you have a good wifi connection to the Android device)
- Run the monBaby application by pressing the monBaby icon in the applications folder (if this is your first time running MonBaby you will see the tutorial which you can either run or skip)
- Press connect and you will see “new wifi” or “new device” pop up in the device selection screen. Press on it or wait for a connection to start automatically.
- A new window will pop up asking what your baby’s name is. Enter the name and then press “apply”
- Next you will see a calibration screen. Press “Calibrate” or wait for calibration to start automatically. Make sure the monBaby button is laying flat, horizontal with the monBaby logo facing up:
- This completes the basic monBaby to monBridge to cell phone BLE to WIFI bridge setup. The cell phone is now monitoring the monBaby device and displaying results on the screen, see below:
It is important to keep your Android device that is running monBridge close to the monBaby smart monitor (within 10 ft)
For ANDROID users: Directly below the baby’s name at the top of the screen are three symbols, each with a percentage label. The left percentage is the remaining battery life of the monBaby button CR2032 battery. The middle percentage represents the Bluetooth (BLE) signal strength between the monBaby device and the spare android device. The right percentage is the signal strength between your cellphone and the wifi router.
For IPHONE users: Directly below the baby’s name at the top of the screen are two symbols, each with a percentage label. The left percentage is the remaining battery life of the monBaby button CR2032 battery. The right percentage is the signal strength between your cellphone and the wifi router.
VERY IMPORTANT: While you are using the monBridge range extender you must have your monBaby application actively running on your phone. If you go back to your home screen or lock your phone you will lose the connection.